Below are the ways through which a visitor can obtain visas
- You can apply for the visa at your point of entry for example at Entebbe Airport or at the border.This is more convenient and it is the cheapest way to obtain the visas because no mails and photos are required.All you need to do is to fill out an entrance form plus your passport dates and information.Currently a Tourism visa costs 50 USD upon entry and its valid for 90 days.However,this cost is due to change as a result of the proposed single tourism visa card for all East African countries.
- Another way through which a tourist can obtain a visa while on a tour to Uganda is by applying and buying from foreign countries like Canada, Belgium, China, France, Denmark, Italy, India, Germany, Russia, United Kingdom ,South Africa, USA and others.You can apply personally with 2 passport photos and an application form which is downloaded from the Embassy website in your country origin.
Before you accept a visa,make sure that it covers your full stay in Uganda to avoid inconveniences.You are advised to be polite when asking for a visa if you want to get your requests met.
It is a common practice in Uganda that the local people find it hard to acquire a visa elsewhere but once they get it,it covers their full stay in the country.For tourists entering the country with an aim of staying for a long time,it is quite difficult when it comes to negotiations.Even if you have a more than 7 month visa in your passport issued by the Ugandan Embassy in your country of origin,you may get surprised to get a stamp for 3 months.
For tourists,the dates are most likely covered in full especially if its a short term safari (2 or 3 weeks).In situations where a visitor wants to re-enter Uganda and visit other countries,she/he can apply for a multiple entry visa.However,one visa card obtained in Uganda can be used to access other East African countries without obtaining another one.
Upon entry into Uganda, you must provide the following to obtain a Visa
- A valid passport issued by your country of origin
- International Health certificate
- Enough funds or ways to obtain the funds