Traveling by car usually gets you to places that tend to be difficult to reach by public transport, as it gives the convenience of going your own way, in your favorable time and is often cheaper than public transport most especially when traveling as a group.This becomes even more interesting when on a Uganda Self Drive because one gets complete freedom and power to control his/her trip. There are several car hire companies in Uganda that offer the most reliable and affordable car hire services for both business and leisure travelers.
The Price is normally calculated by the number of days taken in possession of the car. The more days taken, the less you pay per day. The cars are ranked according to a class, small to large ones, prestige and specialty vehicles with a sliding scale of prices for each car class. Usually when booking, an example of a car type in the specific class booked is given to help you get an idea of what you will have.Customers can choose among four types of rental cars: Economy, Intermediate, Standard, and Luxury.
In case the car is damaged, stolen, or damages another, injures, or kills someone, the liabilities to the rental agency can go far beyond the agreed fee, hence when renting a car, you are advised to be keen on the insurance options offered, like how they affect your liability. The following are some of the presented insurance option s;
· Collision/loss damage waiver.Under the standard rental car contracts, the customer is personally liable to the rental car company for the cost of repairs if the vehicle is returned with any damage whatsoever. It is sometimes included in the total rental cost and in most jurisdictions, it reduces the customers’ liability to a fixed amount.
· Theft liability waiver: In case the car is stolen, this option means that the rental company cannot come after you personally, provided you are not responsible for the theft.
· Wind screen breakage insurance: This covers the wind screen /shield damage
· Personal effects: This basically covers the loss of personal items in case it is stolen or damaged.
Choosing a car and optional extras.
The customer needs to choose a car that is able to meet their needs and can also be easily driven. The customer has to take check whether there is room for all the passengers and luggage being carried to ensure that they are comfortable with the transport means.
The customers are advised to book in advance to ensure that they get a car for hire as there are large numbers of tourists that book most of the car.
Checking initial condition.
Before the customer departs with the car, he or she is advised to check the exterior and the glasses of the car in order to mark the scratches an dent found at the time of pick up and time of drop off. This enables the customer to avoid considerable hustles at the end of the rental.
Filling the tank.
The cars are usually rented with full tank and expected to be returned with a full tank, although some agencies rent the cars without fuel. The customer is advised to note whether the car has a full tank and ensure that the car rental agent notices, because in case the car is returned without a full tank yet it was received when full, a premium may be charged, which may be up to three times the cost of fuel.
Before setting off.
The customer is advised to know the following before setting off to ensure that they are satisfied with their choices,
· Directions of destination via road map.
· What to do in case of accident to ensure their safety.
· Any local specific driving rules and conventions.
· Controls of the car that differ between car manufacturers (reverse gear, seat adjustment, lights, radio, navigation, opening gas/fuel tank, opening trunk/boot, opening hood/bonnet, etc.)
· What kind of fuel is recommended, and how it is marketed at your destination as petrol in a diesel engine can both prove an expensive mistake.
· Known issues of the specific car model chosen.